Today, most people base all of their purchases off of reviews. If there are no reviews, they are less likely to buy. But what really helps convince people to buy a product? A testimonial video covering the product. Satisfied customer praise in a video format is the best way to not only show off your product, but your business as a whole.
People are greatly influenced by others opinion, especially a positive one. But how much do these video testimonials really help? Here are some facts that really deliver the message.
90% of consumers admit their buying decisions are influenced by online reviews (Marketing Land)
- Customer testimonials have the highest effectiveness rating for all types of content marketing, with a rating of 89% (WebDAM)
79% of online shoppers tend to trust online reviews as much as recommendations from friends and family (BrightLocal)
77% of people take the time to read product/service reviews before they make an online purchase (Juniper Research)
- Customer reviews create a 74% increase in product conversion (People Claim)
- People are 63% more likely to purchase a product from a site if it has product ratings and reviews (People Claim)
Why Testimonial Video not Text
While text is okay, testimonial video is far more convincing and it utilizes satisfied customers to their fullest. Due to the intriguing nature of video, not only will it convince customers to make purchases, but it will keep them on your site longer. Don’t believe that? Look at these stats.
- Website visitors who view video stay on a website an average of 2 minutes longer than those who don’t view videos (ComScore)
65% of your audience are visual learners (WebDAM)
- Website visitors are 64% more likely to buy a product on an online retail site after watching a video (ComScore)
How to: Testimonial Video
Including testimonial videos in your website will do a few things for you. First, it will provide customers with the information they need to convince themselves they need your product. Second, testimonials also provide SEO value that will drive traffic to your site. And lastly, it will create an interaction with your customer base.
How does testimonial videos create an interaction? Well, here are a few idea.
- Start a contest that has customers send in creative ways of them using your product (Photos, Video, Art, etc.)
- Send out a post on your Social Media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Etc.) asking for their favorite stories involving your brand
- Email your customers asking them to send in videos about why they love your business
- When at events, ask visitors if they’d be interested in shooting a quick video about their experience with your brand
- Have a device available in office for customers to use to share their interactions
Putting it all Together
McWilliams Media has experienced videographers and editors who will create your testimonial videos. We come out and capture all video needed, combine that with anything your customers send in with the interactions, then edit it all together to promote your business and its products.